Jen Lawrence Community
Photo Shoot Photos - Printable Version

+- Jen Lawrence Community (https://jenlawrencecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://jenlawrencecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Photos (https://jenlawrencecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Photo Shoot Photos (/showthread.php?tid=40)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - sunworshipper - 10-08-2017

[Image: tumblr_oxaus0ZJrK1sn625no1_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_oxauwoeI0B1sn625no1_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_oxav8kGVpO1sn625no1_540.png]

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - trollbuster96 - 10-08-2017

I love some of these new ones. I didn't realize this was the same dress as Versailles, though!

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - lostindc - 10-08-2017

(10-08-2017, 11:22 PM)trollbuster96 Wrote: I love some of these new ones. I didn't realize this was the same dress as Versailles, though!

It's exactly the same except for the hat and choker.  Did they shoot that at Versailles?

(10-08-2017, 11:22 PM)lostindc Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 11:22 PM)trollbuster96 Wrote: I love some of these new ones. I didn't realize this was the same dress as Versailles, though!

It's exactly the same except for the hat and choker.  Did they shoot that at Versailles?

That was what I was wondering- and was hoping more Versailles shots would come out since the few we got seemed to be more BTS as I recall.  We were wondering if they were for some particular shoot.

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - trollbuster96 - 03-02-2018

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - sunworshipper - 05-16-2018

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - sunworshipper - 08-24-2018

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - lostindc - 08-26-2018

A series of shots from that first water shot. Adorable!

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - sunworshipper - 08-27-2018

[Image: DlUEag8WwAIJDbf.jpg]

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - sunworshipper - 10-19-2018

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - sunworshipper - 10-20-2018

Quote:These books brought me to the cinema, not the other way around

It is a radiance, a beauty bright who seems to have come out of a picture of William Eggleston, navigating between sophistication and hyperrealism. Her charismatic presence and we are captives before this atypical star, so close and so far away. Comedienne Oscar-winner has something of all the characters she played: the candid and enigmatic young woman in the mother's hallucinatory flames!, Darren Aronofsky, Tiffany's quirky sex appeal in Silver Linings Playbook, the icy side and the vulnerabity of the dancer star of the Bolshoî, obliged to turn into a CIA agent in the recentthriller Red Sparrow...

The gifted child who grew up in a suburb of Louisville, in Kentucky, disarmed Hollywood by her natural, her city tomboy, her remarkable passages on the red carpets and her amazing talent. Hard to forget her eccentric high-flying hero in American Hustle. Her metamorphosis into Joy - "A Cinderella" who against all odds becomes the "godfather" of the family", says Robert De Niro -, or her blue body as Mystique mutant in the X-Men saga...

Able to make the big difference between the blockbusters at the Hunger Games and the dark movies-Winter's Bone, where she was a teen who is holding at arm's length her family in a shithole in Missouri - Jennifer Lawrence takes on a life of her own in each of her roles and never spares herself. Feminist, passionate about literature and politics-that, engaged, she takes to heart her role of cheerleader for The New Joy perfume from Dior, vibrant with flowers and citrus, capital and milk, which she followed every step of the way by the side of its creator, the perfumer François Demachy.

In the clip shot by Francis Lawrence (Hunger Games, Red Sparrow. ..), sensual and weightlessness, dressed in a white robe, she plunges into the azure of a Hollywoodian pool. The actress, who lives in New York but adore Paris and its quays of Seine, confirm once again its talent and her desire to remain a "normal" woman.

MRS. FIGARO. - We are impressed by your ability to metamorphosis. Where does your ability to make the big difference between roles come from?

JENNIFER LAWRENCE. - I do it because every role that I interpret is very different from previous ones. The fact that delving into such diverse, sometimes extreme, psychologies, forces me to change constantly, to find a new balance. Being an actor means dancing on a floor forever. moving. Enter a character's reality and search empathy with her is the work of every actor. Often, we are asked how we arrive, as actors, to remain anchored in the real while living a great part of our time in fiction. But me, what I find it is interesting that the character we play is itself anchored in the roots of her own existence, even if this one only lasts for the duration of a movie! That is the most important thing.

What has made a difference to you working with exceptional women like Charlotte Rampling and Jodie Foster?

Charlotte Rampling has a class, a culture and extraordinary know-how! I was impressed by her talent and generosity towards me when we played together in Red Sparrow, and by her look, which strikes you. Jodie Foster, she's become kind of a mentor to me. I was only 18 years when I met her on the set of the Beaver set: she was one of the most admired actors in the world. I felt so inexperienced, I dreaded our meeting in front of the camera. But Jodie was both so famous and so normal. She is not the star who is being played falsely cool: she really is. I remember thinking I wanted to become like her, achieve her talent, her success, while remaining a human being with her feet on the ground. Jodie gave me a lot of advice. She's a very important person in my life.

You've played characters as bright as dark, all filled with passion, a rage to live. Today, you incarnate Dior's Joy fragrance. Do you remember the term "joy"?

It is a state of soul that does not necessarily have the same meaning for all of us. I identify the joy in a panoply of emotions very wide: laughter, letting go, the mad laugh, going it to discover a book or, sometimes, luxury to do nothing at all, to experience a feeling of peace, of emptiness. The joy is a state of grace that I often feel working. Sometimes you have to come in psychological disorders and disorders, but, when you feel success, we are joyful. I felt of joy in making the film of this perfume with Francis Lawrence, becausethat he's a good director and because he's known me since I was a kid. He perceives all facets of my personality, knows exactly how to get a true emotion of me: every smile or laughter in these images is authentic.

You were taking root in the process of creating this perfume. What fascinated you?

I worked with the nose François Demachy for about a year, and when I first came in in his laboratory in Paris, I was bewitched by the mysterious charm of the place and his way of working, like an alchemist looking for a long-life elixir. I was wrapped, intoxicated by all these scents, by their combinations leading to totally different results. There's something very carnal and abstract at the same time in a perfume, some something that escapes and yet floats in the air and in the bottle. I love what inspired Joy of Dior: a quest for light, abstraction, the paintings of the pointillists... I love art in all its forms, poetry, literature.

What's your relationship with that?

I love painting, but I have an even more intimate relationship, deep with literature. These are the books that brought me to the cinema, not the other way around: I have a prolific imagination and I've been obsessed with stories since I was a little girl. My grandfather used to read to me, and my parents, but, at some point, faced with my voracity, they found themselves caught unawares! I remember myself saying to them, "Another one, another!" This passion never died down: I always have a book in my bag and a ton of books in my room. The books have been life companions, friends, real supporters. They taught me so much about myself: to read my feelings, to elaborate my thoughts, to understand the world, the society, history, politics. and this more than any movie.

Could you name the names some of these "loyal friends"?

Anna Karenina, Tolstoy... and the first sentence of this novel extraordinary: "Happy families are all alike; unhappy families are unhappy each in their own way." I have two older brothers and I grew up a bit like a boy, doing sports, playing basketball. But I also spent hours talking with my father from the book that I was reading, and it has woven a link privileged, very strong, between us. In this moment, I'm devouring "Republic, Lost" by Lawrence Lessig, a brilliant law professor at Harvard. It's an informed analysis on the United States, the system of election campaigns, their
funding, the weight of lobbies, the power of money and blindness...

You are actively engaged in the political future of your country and you are, among others, member of the organization against corruption Represent.Us...

I certainly took a risk addressing the male-female wage gap. I support the actorsand directors who say, "I just want make movies and I don't want to be stigmatized for my political opinions", but this doesjust doesn't fit the way I am. One moment, I thought I might to be silent and not to share my fears and beliefs as a citizen. But the more I am informed, the more I tried to understand and analyze what was happening in politics, the less I was able to keep quiet. I believe, however, that no one should impose his vision to others, to suggest to them to which party you have to join. My real fight is against corruption; my struggle to limit influence money in politics, helping young people understanding the system and finding new ways, a way to heal our government from the inside. Corruption is a disease that is spreading. At this point, it is almost no longer our president who is a problem, these are the ways of doing our government. And our democracy is jeopardized.

What is your vision of the place of women in the film industry?

I am very lucky: I have a dream job that I love deeply ... But to be a woman in a very masculine professional environment, to have to negotiate constantly and continue to come up against a wall is not easy: you can have merit, success, but, in spite of everything, you are still facing this obstacle, you can not be in relations of equals. It makes me mad with rage. Like most of my colleagues, I could not not react, sitting in my corner and saying, "Oh, I'm a woman, so it's only natural that I get paid less, treated differently. This state of affairs - the wage disparity - ignited a fire in me.

You play the leading role in Luca Guadagnino's upcoming film, Burial Rites. What did you like about this scenario and about this Italian filmmaker?

Burial Rites tells the story of the last days of Agnes Magnúsdóttir, a woman accused of murder, sentenced to death and executed in Iceland in 1829. It is a very moving film, rather dark, inspired by a true story and centered on a character very powerful. I immediately accepted this role after reading Hannah Kent's book, which is the basis of the script. Luca Guadagnino is a director of extreme talent, an artist who thinks and advances to one hundred per hour. What made our agents laugh was that we took planes to meet us and that after twelve minutes, the essential was said. Luca communicates at the speed of light and I cling to every word he says. It is part of this European cinema that I love deeply.

Which films of European directors have you noticed the most?

Life is Beautiful, of Roberto Benigni. His way of describing the horrors of the Second World War and the Holocaust, with that sad Chaplin smile, is tremendous, overwhelming ... just like this scene where Benigni tells his son in the concentration camp: we will leave perhaps sooner than expected ... " A Prophet, Jacques Audiard, is one of the best movies I have ever seen, with the Diving Bell and the Butterfly, by Julian Schnabel , and Intouchables, of Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano. I am very touched by the despair of these films, which, paradoxically, are not dark ... and this thanks to the extraordinary human resilience, the ability to find ways to get around the wall of the drama. I love some French actresses, especially Marion Cotillard, not only for her phenomenal playing and her choices, but also because she is an extremely intelligent, sweet and funny woman.

Despite your success, you have remained a "normal" person, as you like to say. What values ​​have you been given?

The recoil on myself, the work. I really love my job: I like being an actress, I like cinema, filming. Of course, the celebrity goes with the package but it's really not an important part of my life. I keep the celebrity at a distance; I salute it, but I dissociate it from my conscience as much as I can because it is not the engine that moves me forward. I never thought that celebrity should be a reason to change, to become someone else, to treat people around me in a different way or to reconsider the values ​​that have always counted for me: fidelity, friendship ... I have the same friends for a long time; I spend a lot of time with my family. Their authenticity, their loyalty - those qualities that have always been fundamental to me - remain cardinal points in my life. I know that I can count on them. I do a weird job, with salaries that may seem disproportionate ... certainly. But these are just data, they do not constitute my being. We consider them and move on to something else. That's the way I live and see things.

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - lostindc - 10-20-2018

(10-20-2018, 12:18 AM)sunworshipper Wrote:
Quote:These books brought me to the cinema, not the other way around

It is a radiance, a beauty bright who seems to have come out of a picture of William Eggleston, navigating between sophistication and hyperrealism. Her charismatic presence and we are captives before this atypical star, so close and so far away. Comedienne Oscar-winner has something of all the characters she played: the candid and enigmatic young woman in the mother's hallucinatory flames!, Darren Aronofsky, Tiffany's quirky sex appeal in Silver Linings Playbook, the icy side and the vulnerabity of the dancer star of the Bolshoî, obliged to turn into a CIA agent in the recentthriller Red Sparrow...

The gifted child who grew up in a suburb of Louisville, in Kentucky, disarmed Hollywood by her natural, her city tomboy, her remarkable passages on the red carpets and her amazing talent. Hard to forget her eccentric high-flying hero in American Hustle. Her metamorphosis into Joy - "A Cinderella" who against all odds becomes the "godfather" of the family", says Robert De Niro -, or her blue body as Mystique mutant in the X-Men saga...

Able to make the big difference between the blockbusters at the Hunger Games and the dark movies-Winter's Bone, where she was a teen who is holding at arm's length her family in a shithole in Missouri - Jennifer Lawrence takes on a life of her own in each of her roles and never spares herself. Feminist, passionate about literature and politics-that, engaged, she takes to heart her role of cheerleader for The New Joy perfume from Dior, vibrant with flowers and citrus, capital and milk, which she followed every step of the way by the side of its creator, the perfumer François Demachy.

In the clip shot by Francis Lawrence (Hunger Games, Red Sparrow. ..), sensual and weightlessness, dressed in a white robe, she plunges into the azure of a Hollywoodian pool. The actress, who lives in New York but adore Paris and its quays of Seine, confirm once again its talent and her desire to remain a "normal" woman.

MRS. FIGARO. - We are impressed by your ability to metamorphosis. Where does your ability to make the big difference between roles come from?

JENNIFER LAWRENCE. - I do it because every role that I interpret is very different from previous ones. The fact that delving into such diverse, sometimes extreme, psychologies, forces me to change constantly, to find a new balance. Being an actor means dancing on a floor forever. moving. Enter a character's reality and search empathy with her is the work of every actor. Often, we are asked how we arrive, as actors, to remain anchored in the real while living a great part of our time in fiction. But me, what I find it is interesting that the character we play is itself anchored in the roots of her own existence, even if this one only lasts for the duration of a movie! That is the most important thing.

What has made a difference to you working with exceptional women like Charlotte Rampling and Jodie Foster?

Charlotte Rampling has a class, a culture and extraordinary know-how! I was impressed by her talent and generosity towards me when we played together in Red Sparrow, and by her look, which strikes you. Jodie Foster, she's become kind of a mentor to me. I was only 18 years when I met her on the set of the Beaver set: she was one of the most admired actors in the world. I felt so inexperienced, I dreaded our meeting in front of the camera. But Jodie was both so famous and so normal. She is not the star who is being played falsely cool: she really is. I remember thinking I wanted to become like her, achieve her talent, her success, while remaining a human being with her feet on the ground. Jodie gave me a lot of advice. She's a very important person in my life.

You've played characters as bright as dark, all filled with passion, a rage to live. Today, you incarnate Dior's Joy fragrance. Do you remember the term "joy"?

It is a state of soul that does not necessarily have the same meaning for all of us. I identify the joy in a panoply of emotions very wide: laughter, letting go, the mad laugh, going it to discover a book or, sometimes, luxury to do nothing at all, to experience a feeling of peace, of emptiness. The joy is a state of grace that I often feel working. Sometimes you have to come in psychological disorders and disorders, but, when you feel success, we are joyful. I felt of joy in making the film of this perfume with Francis Lawrence, becausethat he's a good director and because he's known me since I was a kid. He perceives all facets of my personality, knows exactly how to get a true emotion of me: every smile or laughter in these images is authentic.

You were taking root in the process of creating this perfume. What fascinated you?

I worked with the nose François Demachy for about a year, and when I first came in in his laboratory in Paris, I was bewitched by the mysterious charm of the place and his way of working, like an alchemist looking for a long-life elixir. I was wrapped, intoxicated by all these scents, by their combinations leading to totally different results. There's something very carnal and abstract at the same time in a perfume, some something that escapes and yet floats in the air and in the bottle. I love what inspired Joy of Dior: a quest for light, abstraction, the paintings of the pointillists... I love art in all its forms, poetry, literature.

What's your relationship with that?

I love painting, but I have an even more intimate relationship, deep with literature. These are the books that brought me to the cinema, not the other way around: I have a prolific imagination and I've been obsessed with stories since I was a little girl. My grandfather used to read to me, and my parents, but, at some point, faced with my voracity, they found themselves caught unawares! I remember myself saying to them, "Another one, another!" This passion never died down: I always have a book in my bag and a ton of books in my room. The books have been life companions, friends, real supporters. They taught me so much about myself: to read my feelings, to elaborate my thoughts, to understand the world, the society, history, politics. and this more than any movie.

Could you name the names some of these "loyal friends"?

Anna Karenina, Tolstoy... and the first sentence of this novel extraordinary: "Happy families are all alike; unhappy families are unhappy each in their own way." I have two older brothers and I grew up a bit like a boy, doing sports, playing basketball. But I also spent hours talking with my father from the book that I was reading, and it has woven a link privileged, very strong, between us. In this moment, I'm devouring "Republic, Lost" by Lawrence Lessig, a brilliant law professor at Harvard. It's an informed analysis on the United States, the system of election campaigns, their
funding, the weight of lobbies, the power of money and blindness...

You are actively engaged in the political future of your country and you are, among others, member of the organization against corruption Represent.Us...

I certainly took a risk addressing the male-female wage gap. I support the actorsand directors who say, "I just want make movies and I don't want to be stigmatized for my political opinions", but this doesjust doesn't fit the way I am. One moment, I thought I might to be silent and not to share my fears and beliefs as a citizen. But the more I am informed, the more I tried to understand and analyze what was happening in politics, the less I was able to keep quiet. I believe, however, that no one should impose his vision to others, to suggest to them to which party you have to join. My real fight is against corruption; my struggle to limit influence money in politics, helping young people understanding the system and finding new ways, a way to heal our government from the inside. Corruption is a disease that is spreading. At this point, it is almost no longer our president who is a problem, these are the ways of doing our government. And our democracy is jeopardized.

What is your vision of the place of women in the film industry?

I am very lucky: I have a dream job that I love deeply ... But to be a woman in a very masculine professional environment, to have to negotiate constantly and continue to come up against a wall is not easy: you can have merit, success, but, in spite of everything, you are still facing this obstacle, you can not be in relations of equals. It makes me mad with rage. Like most of my colleagues, I could not not react, sitting in my corner and saying, "Oh, I'm a woman, so it's only natural that I get paid less, treated differently. This state of affairs - the wage disparity - ignited a fire in me.

You play the leading role in Luca Guadagnino's upcoming film, Burial Rites. What did you like about this scenario and about this Italian filmmaker?

Burial Rites tells the story of the last days of Agnes Magnúsdóttir, a woman accused of murder, sentenced to death and executed in Iceland in 1829. It is a very moving film, rather dark, inspired by a true story and centered on a character very powerful. I immediately accepted this role after reading Hannah Kent's book, which is the basis of the script. Luca Guadagnino is a director of extreme talent, an artist who thinks and advances to one hundred per hour. What made our agents laugh was that we took planes to meet us and that after twelve minutes, the essential was said. Luca communicates at the speed of light and I cling to every word he says. It is part of this European cinema that I love deeply.

Which films of European directors have you noticed the most?

Life is Beautiful, of Roberto Benigni. His way of describing the horrors of the Second World War and the Holocaust, with that sad Chaplin smile, is tremendous, overwhelming ... just like this scene where Benigni tells his son in the concentration camp: we will leave perhaps sooner than expected ... " A Prophet, Jacques Audiard, is one of the best movies I have ever seen, with the Diving Bell and the Butterfly, by Julian Schnabel , and Intouchables, of Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano. I am very touched by the despair of these films, which, paradoxically, are not dark ... and this thanks to the extraordinary human resilience, the ability to find ways to get around the wall of the drama. I love some French actresses, especially Marion Cotillard, not only for her phenomenal playing and her choices, but also because she is an extremely intelligent, sweet and funny woman.

Despite your success, you have remained a "normal" person, as you like to say. What values have you been given?

The recoil on myself, the work. I really love my job: I like being an actress, I like cinema, filming. Of course, the celebrity goes with the package but it's really not an important part of my life. I keep the celebrity at a distance; I salute it, but I dissociate it from my conscience as much as I can because it is not the engine that moves me forward. I never thought that celebrity should be a reason to change, to become someone else, to treat people around me in a different way or to reconsider the values that have always counted for me: fidelity, friendship ... I have the same friends for a long time; I spend a lot of time with my family. Their authenticity, their loyalty - those qualities that have always been fundamental to me - remain cardinal points in my life. I know that I can count on them. I do a weird job, with salaries that may seem disproportionate ... certainly. But these are just data, they do not constitute my being. We consider them and move on to something else. That's the way I live and see things.

This was actually a very nice interview. The questions weren't silly in the least.

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - sunworshipper - 11-11-2018

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - sunworshipper - 12-21-2018

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - sunworshipper - 01-12-2019

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - lostindc - 01-26-2019

I can't remember seeing these photos before, obviously from a shoot.

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - HasW - 01-27-2019

Oh i remember those. Mainly from the awful photoshop to make her face look thinner.

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - lostindc - 01-27-2019

(01-27-2019, 12:52 AM)HasW Wrote: Oh i remember those. Mainly from the awful photoshop to make her face look thinner.

She looks very young in the pictures. When were these shot? In very early photos she's very thin, kind of disturbingly thin actually. Must've been when she was starving in NYC at the beginning of her career.

RE: Photo Shoot Photos - HasW - 01-27-2019

No this was post the hunger games as i remember. Forgot whichyears exactly. But it is not that old. They just did an awful photoshop job to make her look as thin as possible.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.