Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Oscar nominations

Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes priyanka969's post:
  • TPF1138
This might be true, but it doesn't mean Will gets to unilaterally decide he's the one to dole it out.... on LIVE television. Tongue
"Movies are an illusion, and the emotion that the audience gets out of the movie doesn’t really come from the movie; it comes out of themselves." ~ Francis Ford Coppola
[-] The following 1 user Likes TPF1138's post:
  • priyanka969
My main takeaway from it all is that I feel bad for all the other winners. Will may have been upset, but that slap and outburst after made the entire evening all about him and Chris and the rest chopped liver. Sure, he kind of ruined his win for himself as well, since more people are talking about him slapping Chris than him actually winning, but he brought that on himself, so hard to feel bad for him. He's been to enough of these shows to know that jokes aren't always gonna be nice. And he seemed to find it funny at first too since he was laughing it up. 
I just hope they don't invite him back next year to present Best Actress. Whoever wins that award does not need their moment to be more about Will than them. 

Bit surprised at the lack of DLU cast, especially since some of them attended parties after. Jen I didn't expect to show either way, and I'm glad she didn't now. Messy messy! 

She did show up to the after party later on that her not door neighbour threw, but considering the fact that she showed up wearing her pyjamas, she clearly only went to go get the inside gossip from Amy and co. And can't say I blame her.  Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like lawrencepedia's post:
  • pav13, priyanka969, sunworshipper
https://variety.com/2023/awards/awards/a...04914/amp/

They think  “To Leslie” used “aggressive tactics” that cross a line. It may change they way people campaign after the review it but I doubt it will stay like this. There is always aggressive campaign push by pr to make a movie nominated.