Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Thoughts
I don't know where to put this, so I'm just going to put it here. I have to say when I first joined this forum, I didn't know what to expect, I honestly thought it was going to be more gossip, than analysis of her work or career, not that I think anything is wrong with that, I just find it interesting. I am just bringing this up because since I have been here, I feel like at least once a month a "discussion" about her career choices come up lol. I say this because before this forum I never really question her choices, like I straight have never seen mother because it is just not my type of movie. Like I never checked her rotten tomatoes scores or what critics her saying about her movies, like I straight up joined twitter because of some of the discussions here. I honestly became a fan because of her interviews and not necessarily her work itself, even though I enjoy those. I don't know I brought this up because I thought it is interesting to see how her fans see her or what they want from her or why they are a fan in the first place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shy's post:
  • HasW
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You posted them in the right section, so no worries there.

I have to admit that I enjoy the gossip side of Jennifer as well. I don't mind certain details as I am a naturally curious person in real life as well. 
As far as the career is concerned, ever since our initial group of members moved over from the imdb forums, we have always been so passionate about discussing her films, her performances and so forth. There is always something that can be said regarding that despite our contrasting opinions.

What sort of gossip or news were you interested in btw?
We have a gossip and rumors thread somewhere. I know we haven't used it in ages, marriage and covid have kind killed that.
(02-10-2022, 07:20 AM)HasW Wrote: Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You posted them in the right section, so no worries there.

I have to admit that I enjoy the gossip side of Jennifer as well. I don't mind certain details as I am a naturally curious person in real life as well. 
As far as the career is concerned, ever since our initial group of members moved over from the imdb forums, we have always been so passionate about discussing her films, her performances and so forth. There is always something that can be said regarding that despite our contrasting opinions.

What sort of gossip or news were you interested in btw?
Honestly I just want to know if the rumors about her husband is true, because that would be bad idk. Also, I was kind of shock that she is going to be private with her child as she was very open with her nephews. I mainly just want to know why twitter hates her so much.
With rumours I assume you are talking about the Emily thing that came from some anon on Deuxmoi. 
First of all, anything said over there should be taken with a grain of salt. I know people who have sent shit in just to see if it'd get posted or not. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Lots of people have worked at that gallery. 
Some other anon also claimed that Jen and E hate each other and can't stand being in the same room together and they can't attend the same parties and yada yada. I don't think E was aware of her hatred of Jen when she liked a post congratulating Jen and Cooke on the baby, or other pictures with Jennifer in them. But maybe her fingers slipped and she accidentally liked them. lol 

And Twitter hates everyone at some point or another. They'll build people up, and then decide that nope, enough of that, to bring them down. Jen is far from the only one. Everyone on Twitter are perfect and never say or do anything remotely offensive. But when celebs do, they hold it against them and act like they committed a crime against humanity.

As for her wanting to be private about her child when she's spoken about her nephews. Well, first, people change and what she may have talked about years ago may not be something she'd want to talk about now. Her nephews also have parents, who might not have had anything against it. While Jen (and Cooke), clearly have decided to keep their child out of the press as much as they are able to. The attention is also completely different between nephews of a celeb to the actual child of a celeb. But again, Jen's done a lot of growing up these past few years. And privacy is clearly more important to her than ever. Only normal that that would relate to her child as well.
Emily is always liking photos of Jen posted by her makeup artist or stylist or what have you. It wasn't just once or twice, it's all the time. She seems to be a fan.

Emily is also good friends with Amy Schumer.

I really don't understand how people could think Jen would marry a guy who had no respect for someone getting private photos stolen. The same thing happened to Jen!!!
(02-10-2022, 04:16 PM)priyanka969 Wrote: Emily is always liking photos of Jen posted by her makeup artist or stylist or what have you. It wasn't just once or twice, it's all the time. She seems to be a fan.

I really don't understand how people could think Jen would marry a guy who had no respect for someone getting private photos stolen. The same thing happened to Jen!!!
That's why I felt it would be bad, idk twitter has me in a dark hole currently about everything, I do take rumors with a grain a salt, but I do feel like the more I hear it, the more I start to question if it is true.
In the end it all stems from one anon on DM. Who could easily be a troll. And then someone took that rumor and sent in a claim  suggesting it was true as well. Followed by someone saying it wasn't. I mean, hearing it enough doesn't make it true, when again, it all stems from one place. The same place that also ran anons claiming to know Margot was offered DLU first and how Jen only got it because Margot passed, when we know that is bullshit. Or that Jen and Leo were hooking up on set and "everyone is talking about it." If someone said those enough times as well, would that also make it real? No. 

Point is that we don't know the truth. But what is true is that they all run in the same circle. Some of C&J's closest friends are also very close to E. So clearly they'd be cool with it as well. E clearly isn't aware she's supposed to dislike C&J, or I assume she wouldn't be liking posts related to them/Jen. 
But, obviously people will be making their own opinions on things. But you hear lots of things on DM, and far from all of it is true.
(02-10-2022, 05:14 PM)shy Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 04:16 PM)priyanka969 Wrote: Emily is always liking photos of Jen posted by her makeup artist or stylist or what have you. It wasn't just once or twice, it's all the time. She seems to be a fan.

That's why I felt it would be bad, idk twitter has me in a dark hole currently about everything, I do take rumors with a grain a salt, but I do feel like the more I hear it, the more I start to question if it is true.

Twitter is just in general a very negative place. I stay off of it as much as possible.

Emily is good friends with Alison, Sarah and other personal friends of Cooke. All of them love him and have been friends with him for years. The former is practically his best friend. It tells you a lot about him as person, being friends with many women and the way he managed to maintain these friendships and so forth since his early twenties. I saw myself in social media the kind of gifts he buys for them and how thoughtful he is with their babies...

That being said, I believe the Emily story is linked to Cooke, just not the way some read or understood it. To me, he is the only one that makes sense giving their circle of common friends, where he used to live at the time etc. 
The photo Emily kept mentioning wasn't stolen, she took it willingly for a magazine. It wasn't like a nude shocking photograph as I saw it myself after doing a bit of research. It's the artsy kind of nude photos, think of Jennifer's snake picture or something of the sort for a fair comparison. It was publicly posted in her instagram or the magazine's instagram (I forgot which exactly). Richard Prince the artist, made it a point of his art work to leave comments that insinuate shit to imitate the men who drool over women in social media as a mock situation thing. It's a social commentary done in a shocking way. He Printed them in big canvas without the consent of these ladies, put an emphasis on the comments and showcased them in his exhibitions. Since they are public posts in social media that the women took for magazines and what not, it was fair game, legally. At the time, Cooke was working for Gogosian and he was one of the curators or dealers responsible for the whole thing. So a collector was apparently interested in the Emily photo, that's why he couldn't sell it to her as she requested. Cooke had it with him and apparently hung the thing in living room, either because he later bought it himself after the collector backed down to make a profit, or who knows what. That's the weird part. It wasn't a leaked nude photo, or something she took against her will, that's for sure....

To me the whole thing was about Cooke's business oriented mind, he wanted to make money and sold the thing later on. It isn't about him not respecting women and that whole jazz. As evidenced by the fact that he keeps the same female friends for years since his NYU days. If he was a sexist jerk, his vocal feminist friends wouldn't have looked his way. Also, when he supposedly owned that same picture, he was happily dating his gf at the time, Rebecca, who was a pretty serious relationship in his life, and they have stayed together for years, so she was around the same picture in his house...It's not like he was drooling over Emily or anything of the sort. The mistake he might have done was not finding issue with how an artist like Prince works or views things in the way he chooses to criticize social media, or the fact that he didn't re-sell the photo to Emily right after his initial deal fell through. That's the problem, nothing else. Deux moi or whomever chose to spread this, blew it out of proportions...The dude's record is pretty clean from what I figured myself.
Well no, the situation was not blown out of proportion because Emily is the one who went public about someone doing this to her and she said herself she was upset about it. That came from her.

But some anon on DeuxMoi accused Cooke of being the one who did it and I honestly figured it's because he's legit the only art gallerist they knew the name of since he was now married to Jen.
It came from her and other people blew out of proportions in instagram when it was first shared, reddit and twitter or random comments out there stating how Jennifer's husband stole Emily's nude photos without fully grasping the whole situation. As in look who Jennifer is married to, a creep! specially after her own struggle with her hacked pictures. That's what I am referring to. What I figured out afterwards wasn't like that at all.
out of curiosity how come gossip up websites post photo of Jennifer when she came out of a parking spot with her husband and her new baby. In the past something as exclusive as this photo they will be running to posted in daily mail or people magazine however Photos are posted Jennifer Lawrence fansites the cover the baby photos of course. I thought her lawyers or PR got involved so the photos won’t get published. If that true she is protecting her family privacy so good for her. However I saw the picture  Entertainment news website already posed with out covering the baby face and I don’t it even allowed in carliforna state
Could be that the photos weren't uploaded to the sites DM and the like usually use, or the pap thought it was too grainy to sell to them. Though I would imagine those pics, even grainy, would be worth more than the ones of her out walking with Justine. 

It's happened before though, that pics have been taken but not just used. And in most cases, those pics are very grainy. There was a set of pics of her back in September, before the flowery overalls ones, that was used in like...one outlet, after the pregnancy news was out. But other than that, it's like those pics didn't exist. And she was wearing tight clothes so the bump was very visible there. Yet, they didn't use it. So who knows why or where those pics were even posted, because they haven't been added to any of the "usual" sites pap pics go to be purchased. 

Something tells me that Jen and Cooke are very happy about that though. Sure you can't see too much thanks to the quality, but still, 
you see that there is a baby.