Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News & Discussion: Die, My Love
From her interview with the New York Times:

Quote:“No Hard Feelings” will be the second produced film from Lawrence and Ciarrochi — “I just want to laugh for two hours and forget about the fact that America is slipping into autocracy,” Lawrence said — but plenty more are planned. She’s particularly excited about “Die, My Love,” an adaptation of the Ariana Harwicz novel that will be directed by Lynne Ramsay, and a biopic of the powerhouse Hollywood agent Sue Mengers, both of which she’ll star in.

She explained that the name of her production company, Excellent Cadaver, is from an old Sicilian phrase for a hit on a major celebrity. But does Lawrence feel like the target on her back has grown smaller over the last few years?
Plot Summary:

Quote:In a forgotten patch of French countryside, a woman is battling her demons embracing exclusion yet wanting to belong, craving freedom whilst feeling trapped, yearning for family life but at the same time wanting to burn the entire house down. Given surprising leeway by her family for her increasingly erratic behaviour, she nevertheless feels ever more stifled and repressed. Motherhood, womanhood, the banality of love, the terrors of desire, the inexplicable brutality of another person carrying your heart forever Die, My Love faces all this with a raw intensity. It's not a question of if a breaking point will be reached, but rather when and how violent a form will it take?

Quote:The unnamed narrator of “Die, My Love” has a baby, a husband, a widowed mother-in-law, and a lover, but she feels alone in the world.

Quote:short book about a new mother battling with post natal depression/psychosis, written in the first person.
Martin Scorsese is producing this!!!

[Image: o-my-god-omg.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like priyanka969's post:
  • ihash, oladesuolusola, pav13
omggggggggggggggggg

She is building a working relationship with Martin Scorsese 

[Image: FgcbkNAWIAI-DfS?format=jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like priyanka969's post:
  • astadog93512, ihash, pav13
Sounds great I hope this is her next project.
Literally saw this & bought the book! It sounds so interesting and exciting.
Sounds great. But Lynne Ramsay apparently will shoot Stone Matress starting from December. So we might have to wait for a few years until this movie releases. I hope it will get made in the near future.
(11-02-2022, 03:43 PM)priyanka969 Wrote: omggggggggggggggggg

She is building a working relationship with Martin Scorsese 

[Image: FgcbkNAWIAI-DfS?format=jpg]
She is putting Rick Yorn to good use. 

Nice to see her in the driver's seat of her career.
[-] The following 1 user Likes roup's post:
  • priyanka969
Quote:‘Causeway’ Producer Justine Ciarrocchi On Why Jennifer Lawrence Sparked To Film’s War Veteran Lead – Contenders New York

Excellent Cadaver’s next project will be the film adaptation of Ariana Harwicz’s Die, My Love. “Lynn Ramsey is adapting and directing, and Jen and I will produce with Martin’s Scorsese,” Ciarrocchi said. “We are pretty floored that it came together, and we are so excited to bring it to life.”

I am aware Ramsey is filming something else this year. Just posting this here.
Actually, some people on AW are speculating Ramsey might not be filming the "something else" first, because Julianne Moore (who was supposed to be in it) has another project that is said to be filmed around the same time (January, while "Stone Mattress" the movie Ramsey was suppose to do, was said to start in December). 

The fact Jen and Justine have talked about it so confidently recently makes me think maybe there is something to that, but I also remember thinking she was definitely doing Mob Girl.. and It's What I Do.. and Bad Blood  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes AB2's post:
  • oladesuolusola
I think the pandemic is what messed up working with Sorrentino. It was announced in 2019. It was supposed to film in NYC.

Apparently, the reason Amsterdam had such a bloated budget is because they couldn't film in Boston which was cheaper, and they had to spend more to film somewhere else so even though all the actors worked for scale, the movie still cost too much to make. But that's weird to me because even with the pandemic - Netflix managed to film DLU in Boston!

Maybe Mob Girl couldn't film in NYC in 2020 or 2021 because of co-vid cases being too high. And filming it anywhere else was too pricey? I have no idea.
if anyone has access to production weekly, there's an update for this, and last week, there was an update for Stone Mattress. Might give us an indication of where those project are?

and I agree, the pandemic probably screwed everything up. For Amsterdam, I think I read that the cast didn't want to go to Boston because of covid and agreed to take a pay cut so they could shoot in LA
[-] The following 1 user Likes AB2's post:
  • priyanka969
Here is a link to the Production Weekly page: https://www.productionweekly.com/

You can see "Die, My Love" on the most recent list while "Stone Mattress" is off the list...
[-] The following 2 users Like oladesuolusola's post:
  • pav13, priyanka969
Just as an aside, I hope the title for this doesn't change. This is a great movie title.

Plus, it actually has a comma like it's supposed to...unlike Don't Worry Darling.  Bigsmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes priyanka969's post:
  • oladesuolusola
Want her to work with actors that she never work with and that are upcoming. Just like Causeway and NHF.No more A list casting like Amsterdam movie. As much as I want her to work with Oscar winnings. I think it just add to the pressure to be real good. Especially if Causeway got her award nomination again.
Who know who she needs to work with? Jodie Comer.
The Deadline Contender video is out. Die, My Love wasn't mentioned as their next project. It was mentioned as their dream project. So it might still take a long time to make this movie.
Ha! I'd better not bother with getting the book then.  Tongue
Yes unfortunately. I think stone mattress starring julianne moore is still happening in december according to  https://productionlist.com/production/stone-mattress/
Sandra Oh just signed up for a new show that’s also going to be filming soon and is already in production (Moore’s show is filming in January). I think it’s safe to say that Stone Mattress has been put off. ProductionList is pretty meh on reliability and there’s always fake dates on there. So I think it’s been shelved or put on pause. Meanwhile, the Production Weekly (which is actually reliable) production date for that must’ve been old or they just had that much of a tight turnaround on doing it. Regardless Die My Love seems to be the next Ramsay project after all!
[-] The following 1 user Likes lawssance's post:
  • oladesuolusola