Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News & Discussion: Martin Scorsese's Frank Sinatra Biopic
Will making a post jinx it?

Fuck it, we got nothing else going on and we're used to disappointment.  Bigsmile

Variety | Scorsese Eyes Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:When it comes to Martin Scorsese, age certainly isn’t making a difference. After landing 10 Oscar nominations for last year’s historical crime epic “Killers of the Flower Moon,” the 81-year-old director has mapped out his next several projects. Sources say he plans to shoot two films back to back: the first about Jesus, the second a Frank Sinatra biopic.

The Sinatra project could also hit some snags: The legendary crooner’s daughter Tina Sinatra controls her father’s estate and hasn’t yet given her blessing to the film. But that hasn’t stopped Scorsese from putting together a killer cast that would see frequent collaborator Leonardo DiCaprio playing the singer and Jennifer Lawrence portraying his second wife, actress Ava Gardner, sources say. It was Gardner who broke up Sinatra’s marriage with Nancy Barbato, Tina’s mother. With two of the biggest movie stars on the planet as leads, the film is drawing interest from major studios and streamers. Apple, which financed the $215 million “Flower Moon,” would love to stay in business with Scorsese, but Sony is said to be the frontrunner to nab the project.

Very intrigued by this btw:

[-] The following 1 user Likes priyanka969's post:
  • ihash
Even if this film doesn't happen, she'll probably do another movie with Leo at some point. Clearly, they are looking for another project together.
[-] The following 2 users Like priyanka969's post:
  • Grizbat83, reyreyrey
(04-17-2024, 11:23 PM)priyanka969 Wrote: Even if this film doesn't happen, she'll probably do another movie with Leo at some point. Clearly, they are looking for another project together.
All three of them share the same agent. It's no coincidence that Jen introduced Lily's nomination at the Oscars this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes roup's post:
  • priyanka969
This announcement came out of nowhere. Here I was thinking she might be cast and Tarantino movie but apparently, he dropped out of the movie. Considering Leo and Jen are represented with the same management, they were trying to find project for them to do. I hope the will go through and she paid fairly. The last time they work together, Jen complain about not being paid fair and got backlash. Because Leo was seen the bigger star so they pay him more. I don’t think they can afford to pay 20 million for both of them and cover Martin salary. I don’t think it will be an issue for Jen but it not even set in stone reason the family Didn’t give permission to use his music yet.
(04-18-2024, 12:21 AM)roup Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 11:23 PM)priyanka969 Wrote: Even if this film doesn't happen, she'll probably do another movie with Leo at some point. Clearly, they are looking for another project together.
All three of them share the same agent. It's no coincidence that Jen introduced Lily's nomination at the Oscars this year.

Yeah true, but Reese Witherspoon also has the same agent and she's super A-list but has she worked with Leo or Scorsese? It's not just having the same agent.
Also, allow me to just add that Scarlett Johansson had that agent for DECADES and publicly stated she wanted to work with Scorsese on a film AND she auditioned for the role of Daisy in The Great Gatsby and still neither happened for her. BUT she did get Scorsese to direct a perfume commercial for her.

Scorsese even considering casting Jen in a movie and producing Die, My Love is a big deal.

But trust me, I am well aware that the wait for something new and good is excruciating - and even the fact that we can't count on this is painful.  Cry
[-] The following 1 user Likes priyanka969's post:
  • reyreyrey
(04-18-2024, 12:42 AM)priyanka969 Wrote: Also, allow me to just add that Scarlett Johansson had that agent for DECADES and publicly stated she wanted to work with Scorsese on a film AND she auditioned for the role of Daisy in The Great Gatsby and still neither happened for her. BUT she did get Scorsese to direct a perfume commercial for her.

Scorsese even considering casting Jen in a movie and producing Die, My Love is a big deal.

But trust me, I am well aware that the wait for something new and good is excruciating - and even the fact that we can't count on this is painful.  Cry

True... This is just deals being discussed so it could end up going nowhere. But we, her fans, are starving for something to happen with Jenn. We need to get fed.

Also, I checked out the book Die, My Love is based on and it is highly internalized and blurs the line between reality and imagination. With Lynne Ramsay directing, it will be quite niche, almost arthouse, and I'm not sure about its award-prospects. A good comparison of how well the film could do would be Nightbitch. Time will tell if Amy Adams can get nominated for the material. 

Jenn - go convince Tarantino to make something with you instead. Make Kill Bill 3! She can play a grown-up Kiddo!
Lynne Ramsay said the original material is just a jumping point for her and DML is a loose adaptation from the novel. The description she gave about DML feels it focuses more on marriage and the husband role will have a substantial part in the movie. And I think as long as DML gets made, it will do very well during awards season. After the expansion of international members, The Academy right now is eager to recognize auteurs from all over the world. Lynne Ramsay is one of those auteurs the Academy can't wait to recognize. I desperately needs DML to happen this year.

Personally I'm pessimistic about Frank Sinatra biopic. Scorsese announced too many projects and who knows what will happen after the Jesus movie. I hope I'm wrong about this and this can actually get made. 

Thanks God Tarantino scraps The Movie Critic. That just sounds boring and repetitive for him. Hope Jen could have a substantial role in whatever he comes up with later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eith007's post:
  • priyanka969
I’m wondering why other trades like THR and deadlines haven’t reported it yet?
IDK, but even if they did, it wouldn't make much difference regarding the likelihood of it happening.

THR has reported a lot of stupid things (like they recently made a weird AI announcement about the cast of Sing, a movie that came out in 2016 lmao).
I am NOT going to link TMZ but...they did something useful here.  Bigsmile

Tina is cool with it!

Looks like Nancy Sinatra, the other sister, is not okay with the movie but Tina Sinatra has the right to her father's estate so they just need her approval.

[Image: GLfzc0ubMAAO1D6?format=jpg&name=large]
[-] The following 1 user Likes JLfilms's post:
  • priyanka969